Featured area slider

• Posted in : TheBlogger
  • annamaria
    Participant

Hi, I have a request for next release. I like to have the possibility to have a specific category shown in the featured area slider. I want to show some posts that both are visible in the blog roll and in the featured area. Then I could make a category that could be called “insert_category_name_here” and make only them visible in the slider. It would also be great if it was possible to hide that category name so that wouldn’t be visible in the actual slider.

Thanks!

serkan

I will discuss this request with our developers. Thanks for the feedback.

annamaria
    Participant

Thanks! :)

serkan

Hi, Why do you want to show the category in the slider field. By sticky posting, you can choose the post you want to appear already. Could you explain why you want the categories to appear? And why does our default feature not enough for you ?
    Thanks

annamaria
    Participant

My main reason is that I’d like to have the featured posts visible both in the slider and in the blog roll. As it is now if I use the sticky posts in the slider and want to have them visible they’ll be pinned to the top of the blog roll. And that’s what I don’t want. I want them to appear as normal posts in the feed.

It doesn’t need to be a specific category for those posts that was only a suggestion that might solve the problem I have. And I’ve seen other blog themes that do it like that. So only a suggestion :)

Thanks for your good work!

serkan

Hi,
    I see what you mean. Thanks for your suggestion. We will try to find the best solution for this issue.

serkan

Hi, We are going to add a new option. You will be able to exclude only pinned posts at the top of your blog and stay keep the same post in the date order.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register