Featured Images disabled in custom post

• Posted in : Read WP
  • dariobanfi
    Participant

Hi, I’m using Easy Digital Download Plugin for my website to sell digital goods.
    I have a problem with Read WP Theme because it disables the “Feature Images” setup area in the custom post editor (the area on the second column on the right, at the end of the column).
    I’m absolutely sure It is a theme problem, because I’m working on a staging website with just this plugin and the Read WP Theme. It is not a conflict due to other plugins. If I switch to another theme (for example Twenty Seventeen) the Feature Image setting area in custom posts editor appears again. If I enable your theme It disappears. This doesn’t happen for regular posts where I can normally add thumbnails for posts. In Easy Digital Download post editor, on the contrary, there’s no Featured Image setting area.
    Can you please help me?
    Thanks a lot.
    dario

dariobanfi
    Participant

Hi, I think I found the solution (not sure 100% because I’m not a programmer).

I saw that in functions.php there is the “add_theme_support” for “post_thumbnails” but just for post, portfolio and gallery format. This is the script [LINE 244, functions.php]:

if (function_exists(‘add_theme_support’)) {
    add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’, array( ‘post’, ‘portfolio’, ‘gallery’ ) );
    }

If I add to functions.php (in my child theme) a simple support with no array, the post_thumbnails area appears also in custom post editor. This is the line of code I added and now everything works fine:

if (function_exists(‘add_theme_support’)) {
    add_theme_support(‘post-thumbnails’);
    }

Do you think is ok?
    Thanks.
    Dario

serkan

Hi Dario,
    We can’t provide support for third party plugins, you may contact the plugin author;
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/easy-digital-downloads
    Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register