How to get an image to be full width?

• Posted in : Read WP
  • insomnia_tm
    Participant

Hey,

when i used the following html:

[full_width_image][/full_width_image]

the image is still not displaying full width. How can i fix that?

insomnia_tm
    Participant

I just realized my HTML didn’t display… Anyway, basically, i added an image through the add media button and tried putting it into the full-width shortcode. I saw that from this topic – https://www.pixelwars.org/forums/topic/issues-with-full-width/ , but that person didn’t have READ.

insomnia_tm
    Participant

I should say that I want the full-width photo to be on my homepage. I tried setting the page layout to “Full-width page” and it does get bigger but it’s still not full-width. Can I achieve full-width display of the photo, whether it be on the homepage or on the full-width page layout? Also, does having my homepage set as full-width page affect me negatively in any way? SEO wise or otherwise?

serkan

Hi,
    Click on the photo to edit it. You can select and save full size on Display settings. It will not be a problem for Seo. You can try the following code to get a bigger image. Margins will be left on the left and right of the page.

.wrapper > .row:not(.with-sidebar) .size-full {
        left: 0; width: 100%; }

Thanks

insomnia_tm
    Participant

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the code didn’t work. I have it selected “full-size” on the display settings. I tried it with both alignments to center and without any alignment. I also tried putting !important on it.

I also tried adding the photo as a background to the header for the homepage. It actually works halfway, when I set the width to 120 it runs all the way to the right edge of the monitor, but on the left side, there’s still that 1-inch padding, even when setting the header padding-left or margin-left to 0.

I don’t know if that helps you at all :D, so here’s a link – https://battlethepain.org/. I have the CSS you gave me and the settings on the image as you instructed in the in there now.

insomnia_tm
    Participant

I should say that the image I uploaded has 1920 width x 1055 length.

serkan

Hi, This issue requires a lot of customization. This issue is out of our support scale. I will still discuss this question with the developer and I’ll get back to you.

insomnia_tm
    Participant

I appreciate that very much!

insomnia_tm
    Participant

What’s up, dude, did you ever ask about that?

Can’t I just edit the full-width page layout in my child theme or something? If you offer “full-support”, try and answer in a day or two. I know it was the holidays, but ever before that you take 4 days for every one of my replies.

insomnia_tm
    Participant

If you can’t do it and least let me know so I wouldn’t be counting on it. Despite the fact that the template is called “full-width” and you have listed having a full width template on themeforest, which is misleading.

serkan

Hi, I reminded the developer again about this topic. He will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your patience.

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi, unfortunately, full-width-image shortcode is not available for Read Wp theme, and full-width page template has some paddings on the sides to give the content a little space from edges. However, you can use this custom css code to make the image on your homepage full-width;

.big-images {
        width: 126%; margin-left: -13%;
    }

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register