Lightbox Gallery in Portfolio

• Posted in : Empathy
  • B P
    Participant

I can not get the Lightbox Gallery to work in a Portfolio page. Please help, I have read the documentation and many forum topics and none of it makes 100% sense. I would like more clear answers. Thank you!

1) Ajax is set to yes.
    2) When creating a new portfolio page, I have changed the type to Lightbox gallery.

Short code. I have seen at least 3 different versions of the short code. Which one is correct??? These are from different forum threads.

[lightbox_image first_image=”yes” title=”Octopus is dangerous!” url=”http://themes.pixelwars.org/read-wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/lightbox-02.jpg”]

[pf_lightbox_image first_image=”” title=”” url=””]

[portfolio_lightbox_image first_item=”” gallery=”” title=”” url=””]

Next: Exactly where does this code go? Into the portfolio page?
    I have tried putting in a portfolio page and it doesn’t work.

Thanks.

serkan

Hi,
    For the lightbox gallery, edit your portfolio item. Click to add media button > then create gallery button > choose your images and hit the create a new gallery button and save it.
    You don’t need to use shortcode for the lightbox gallery in portfolio.
    Thanks

B P
    Participant

Ok, that did work. Thank you!

But my photos are very small and there are no captions. How do I add all the details to this gallery?

I assume this is where the short code comes in? What file do I need to adjust?

serkan

Hi,
    Edit your portfolio item. Go to visual tab instead of text tab and click to images. You will see the edit box over the images. Under the gallery settings, choose full size and add a caption from here.
    Thanks

B P
    Participant

Awesome, thank you for the information. This info would be great in the documentation.

There are no right or left arrows in this gallery, is that not possible? I feel like your sample site has that?

serkan

Hi, Please go to appearance > widgets > empathy template page > empathy portfolio : choose portfolio page and save it.

B P
    Participant

Unfortunately, that did not change anything.

serkan

Hi,
    Could you provide me your related url, please ?
    Thanks

B P
    Participant

Here you go.
    http://onyourownstudios.com/portfolio/#/portfolio

It is the first portfolio item “Lightbox test”.

Thanks!

serkan

Hi,
    Could you provide me your wp admin details via our contact form and add this topic url as well?
    Thanks

B P
    Participant

Hello,

Do I need to have a Lightbox plugin installed because it looks like I don’t.

It seems like I need this one.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-lightbox/

serkan

Hi,
    You shouldn’t need to use a plugin for the lightbox gallery in the portfolio.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register