Make a portfolio post same styling as blog post

• Posted in : Editor
  • paulmirocha
    Participant

Hello,

I’m adding text and more than one image to my portfolio posts and want it to look like the rest of the text on the site, ie. the blog posts. I’m not sure why there is this difference between the two post types. What is the intended difference in formatting?

My text in portfolio post type comes out with too long a line length and the blockquotes look wonky.Screenshot of what I see that I don’t like:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfwl19hbu6arnk0/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-15%20at%207.43.22%20AM.png?dl=0

Thanks,

Paul

serkan

Hi Paul,
    The url you sent does not open. I am getting 404 error. Blog post types are not compatible with the portfolio. This needs to be customized.
    Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Sorry Serkan, Try this link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfwl19hbu6arnk0/Screen%20Shot%202017-09-15%20at%207.43.22%20AM.png?dl=0

I’n trying to style the text for a shorter line length and make the blockquote like the rest of the site. But I can’t find the right CSS selectors.

Thanks

Paul

serkan

Hi Paul,
    Could you give me the related url of the page? I can help you to choose the right css codes.
    Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Serkan, The site has the under construction plugin. Subscribers can register and see the site, or I could white list you, but I think I need your email.

Thanks
    Paul

paulmirocha
    Participant
    serkan

Hi,
    Could you try to use this custom css code;

.type-portfolio blockquote p {
        font-size: 26px !important; max-width: 740px;  margin-left: auto;  margin-right: auto; }

If you still have any issue, you can send me your wp admin details via our contact form and add this topic url as well.
    Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Serkan,

I’ve had a delay, but still working on this, I’d like to make the text in portfolio posts (here called “visual”) the same as in the blog–in this case labels “case studies.” Can’t find the right CSS.

my site is http://paulmirocha.design

thanks,

Paul

serkan

Hi, this is not available by default, needs more further customizations, if you are not familiar to coding you may consider hiring an expert at wpkraken.io to do the job for you.

paulmirocha
    Participant

Serkan,

All I want is to find the right CSS to style the text–make it larger and more line-height.

Thanks

Paul

serkan

Hi Paul,
    This custom css code will affect the portfolio title;

.page-template-template-portfolio .entry-title {
        font-size: 2.1em;  line-height: 1.8; }

Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Thanks, Serkan,

What about the styling for the portfolio body text?

–Paul

serkan

Hi,
    You can try to use this custom css code;

.page .entry-content > p, .type-portfolio .entry-content p {
        font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.8; }

Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Serkan,

I did that. Can I also make the text column more narrow, like the posts–740 px. Without making the images sizes smaller?

Thanks,

–Paul

serkan

Hi,
    You can try to use this custom css code;

.type-portfolio .entry-content p, .type-portfolio .row {
        max-width: 740px;
        text-align: center;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
    }

Thanks

paulmirocha
    Participant

Thanks, but can I have the text remain flush left?

–Paul

serkan

Hi Paul,
    You just need to remove the text align center part from the custom css code.
    Thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register