Syntax error line 48

• Posted in : Read HTML5
  • isaachdaniel
    Participant

I just purchased the Read HTML5 template and when I opened it in Dreamweaver to start customizing it I was given “There is a syntaxe error on line 48. Code hinting may not work until you fix this error.”

This is what line 48 has:

window.jQuery || document.write(”)

Is there anyone out there who knows how to approach this problem and correct it?

Thanks,
    Isaac

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi, we are getting jquery script from google cdn, and on line : 48 we provide a fallback script for jquery if somehow google cdn can’t load jquery, then it should load local jquery script file. And that script causes false alert when using the page with dreamweaver template files. Just ignore that error, it is not a real alert. The code is correct, it doesn’t raise any errors when not using dreamweaver template files.

isaachdaniel
    Participant

Yep. Works. Thanks.

mattward5
    Participant

I am having the exact same problem but im newer to web design, I am using dreamweaver and I cant even select or edit any text in any html file above line: 159. Please help!
    thanks,
    Matt

isaachdaniel
    Participant

If you can, don’t use Dreamweaver. This problem seems to only happen in Dreamweaver.

Use a different text editor for the HTML.

I use Coda 2. It’s about $80, but there’s a free trial version too.

mattward5
    Participant

ok thanks

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

It is not a problem actually, I used templating system in Dw which makes it super easy to edit repeated content on all pages. See the post below also for templating in Dw;

http://www.pixelwars.org/forums/topic/i-downloaded-the-template-but-cannot-edit/
    http://www.pixelwars.org/forums/topic/how-to-insert-slider/

ThatStartUpGuy
    Participant

How do I get rid of this DW templating system – causing me no end of hassle. I just want to work with the raw HTML!

Mehmet Sali
    Keymaster

You can use Notepad++ code editor. Or Brackets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register