Border-box size

• Posted in : Read WP
  • qsbb
    Participant

I’m trying to modify the Read theme and have successfully changed some CSS to my needs, but I cannot figure out how to adjust the enormous whitespace that surrounds pullquotes or blockquotes.

I believe the culprit is wp-block-quote. Assistance would be greatly appreciated…or a glimpse of the css style sheet might help. If I try to look through the browser inspect element, I see that border-box is specified as the “box sizing” but I don’t know how to fiddle with the dimensions. I’m not sure what you can see as things are still private. I’ve put in the URL in case you have some special back door?

thanks

serkan

Hi,
    I tried to check your related url but I got this error message ; “You need to be logged in as a user who has permission to view this site.”
    Did you try to use this css code;

.tagline { margin: 2em 0; }

Thanks

qsbb
    Participant

Thanks. that didn’t do anything. I’ll give you credentials in the private content part. I’ve been rummaging around in the main.css, but the blockquote definition doesn’t seem to affect the site if I move it into my own css file and change it.

The issue is most prevalent in the draft post (I’m just starting out):

Private: Private: How I Think About You

notice the huge whitespace around

Willy Mays hit a lead-off home run in that game…you can bet that all 53 players paid special attention.

serkan

Hi,
    Could you please try to use this custom css code;

.wp-block-quote { padding: 10px 0; margin: 10px 10px; }

Thanks

qsbb
    Participant

That appeared to work. Thanks

I searched through the css files that came with the download and could not find any .wp-x-x….where are those css definitions stored so I can see them? That would free me to do what I can to make modifications.

thanks, again.

Ray

serkan

Hi Ray,
    You can find it in the static css file or the easiest way is right click on the part which you want to modify, you will see the css class.
    Please see the screenshot below;
    https://ibb.co/R9m781S
    Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register