Change to Spanish Language

• Posted in : Oliver
  • lorenzolovera
    Participant

Hello.

I am trying to change the theme language to Spanish using Loco Plug in as recommended.

Once I click on Loco> Languages, it displays a list saying that “Additional files found” and I click on Spanish…

Then it gives me an error: “Error: Translation set not known in Oliver”.
    I can see all the source text and the translations but I can not assign them. I also see the .po file, but somehow I can’t make it work. Is this a misconfiguration of the bundles or how can I change the language?

I read many threads on the forum but the answer was just: use Loco Plugin.

Also, on a less important note, on the home page (hola). I want to change the yellow line in the titles to blue (#00ffff).

Many thanks!
    LL

serkan

Hi,
    Go to loco translate > oliver > new language > spanish > start translating
    You can do the same step for oliver shortcode plugin as well.
    Thanks

lorenzolovera
    Participant

Hi,

But I don’t want to translate everything by hand again. There is a spanish .po and .mo translated already with the theme. I want to use and apply that one.

But as I mentioned, I can not do it as the bundle or something is not working.

Thanks

lorenzolovera
    Participant

Also, please advise on the second questions of the post. Many thanks

serkan

Hi,
    I already added a custom css code in your customizer. I will forward the issue to our wordpress developer and i will keep you updated.
    Thanks

lorenzolovera
    Participant

Hello! Any updates on this? Many thanks

serkan

Hi,
    Our developer is working on this issue. I will keep you updated when i came up with a solution.
    Thanks

Mehmet S.
    Keymaster

Hi, the files under “Additional files found” are helper for built-in plugin installation functionality. You can translate any of text in the theme with creating a new language by clicking on “Oliver” theme under Loco plugin. Translation works when you create same language for your locale: WP Admin > Settings > Site Language. Thanks

Site Language: “English (United States)” — AND — Loco > Oliver > “English (United States)”

Site Language: “Spanish (Spain)” — AND — Loco > Oliver > “Spanish (Spain)”

lorenzolovera
    Participant

Hello.

Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately, I’ve tried this before and I don’t see the translation happening. Do you have a video or tutorial where I can see how you do it in case I am doing something wrong?
    Also, it will be better for me if I don’t have to change the WP admin site language, can I have English for WP and Spanish for the theme?

On a side note, something is not working as before on this page:(https://lideresinvisibles.com/acerca-de/) After asking form support (I didn’t touch anything) the photo and the spotify player are full width, were the photo should be 250px and the spotify player should be inside the margins as the text. If I want to edit it, I seems OK in the WP editor and in WP Bakery Page, but not online.

Did any of the css or something you guys did, changed that?

Many thanks!

serkan

Hi,
    Third party plugins may conflict with the theme. You can deactivate your plugins and run the “regenerate plugin” once and try it again.
    You can change the wordpress language as well. Log into the WordPress admin. Open the Settings menu, and select General. Scroll down to the bottom until you see the Site Language setting. Select the language you’d like to use from the dropdown menu, and click Save Changes to make the switch.
    For the loco translate plugin, you can search plenty tutorial videos on youtube as well. If you struggle with it, please keep us updated.
    Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register