Contact Form Broke with WordPress 5.1 update

• Posted in : uCard
  • TheBigBoutte
    Participant

The contact form was working just fine and quick, then when I updated to WordPress 5.1, all it does now it endless load when submitting a message through the contact form…

serkan

Hi TheBigBoutte,
    Could you try to deactivate third-party plugins and try it again?
    Thanks

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

I just deactivated each third party plugin one at a time and tested again between each until everything except uCard Portfolio and uCard Shortcodes were deactivated and it still did not work…

serkan

Hi,
    Your host may have disabled the mail() function. It must be enabled on your server. I would recommend you to contact your hosting company.
    If your hosting company cannot fix it then install and use ninja forms plugin instead of our default contact form.
    Thanks

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

I am the host as well for my site and I have not disabled or changed anything on that side of things. Everything was working just fine, I tested it right before updating the version of WordPress and then I tested right after and it didn’t work…

serkan

Hi,
    Our contact form works well with 5.1 so it is kinda weird. Did you try to use ninjaform plugin instead of default contact form?
    Thanks

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

I did but I just want it to look exactly as the original contact form looked and not put time trying to style it to be the same. And the less plugins I need for the site, the better. When I replaced with Ninja Forms, the layout wasn’t right, everything was pushed against the edges of the “drop me a line” box on the homepage. Instead of learning how to make something else look just like your contact form did before, I’d rather the original one just work as it had always been working.

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

Since I feel like I’m going to get nowhere with troubleshooting why this update broke the contact form, I replace it with Ninjaforms… Could you at least help me out with the padding/margin around the form section on the homepage so it fits like the original contact form did. The Ninjaform is flush against the edges of that section… Feel free to see it on my site here: https://alexboutte.com/

Thank you

serkan

Hi,
    Could you try to add this custom css code;

.nf-form-layout { padding: 0em 5em; }

Thanks

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

Thank you, that worked to make the form fit properly now. Not sure if you’d be able to help with how to center the “submit” button… and after the form is submitted, the confirmation message that appears doesn’t keep the same padding and the texts runs against the left side of the contact form section. I know you don’t generally help with third party plugins, but wondering if you may be able to assist with this if you know how to fix with css? or any other way. Thank you again

serkan

Hi,
    Could you try to add these custom css code, please?

.label-above .nf-field-element { text-align: center; }
    .nf-response-msg { text-align: center; }

Thanks

TheBigBoutte
    Participant

Wonderful, that worked well, thank you.

serkan

You’re welcome, please don’t forget to rate the theme on themeforest if you liked it, thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register