"Read the blog" homepage link

• Posted in : Impose
  • elisabethhurel
    Participant

Hi there! Thank you very much for this theme.
    I only have one question though: how can I create a “read the blog” url for one of the photo on the homepage? Meaning a url to open the page with all the articles. It’s currently my homepage (you can check it here: allofmytrains.fr), but as I would like to use the other homepage first, then I don’t know how to create a specific url for this page with all the articles… Hope it’s not to confusing! Thanks a lot for your help. :)

serkan

Hi,
    I just checked your related url and you have the read the blog button on the posts. Could you explain your issue a bit more, please ?
    Thanks

elisabethhurel
    Participant

Yes! Sorry if it’s a bit confusing.
    I currently have the page with all the articles as the homapage.
    But I would like to use the personnalised one instead (the one with the “Hi. I am…”), which I created and know how to set up as the homepage. But my problem is then, I need another url than allofmytains.fr to add to the link “latest articles” or “read the blog”, on the personnalised homepage, to end up on the page with all the articles (the one with the articles 1st full, then creative in my case). So I would need an url like allofmytrains.fr/blog to end up on this page but how can I do that?

serkan

Hi,
    Go to settings > reading > Front page displays > choose a static page for your homepage and post page. So you can specify the page you want as your homepage.

elisabethhurel
    Participant

Sorry if it’s confusing.
    Basically, my homepage is ready and I know how to install it (setting>reading> etc) here is the link to it: http://allofmytrains.fr/accueil/ (so then it will become http://allofmytrains.fr/ as it will be my homepage)
    But what I would love to do, is to change one of the photo with a “read the blog” link. Or, I don’t have any url like you have on the demo. On the demo you go FROM your homepage http://themes.pixelwars.org/impose/ TO your blog http://themes.pixelwars.org/impose/blog/ and so I would need to create an url such as allofmytrains.fr/blog in order to do the same. But I don’t know how I can do such a thing?
    Thank you!!

serkan

Hi,
    I see what you mean. First of all, don’t choose the blog page as your homepage. Create a homepage and add link boxes with your custom url and choose the homepage template. Give the blog page’s url to one of your link boxes.

elisabethhurel
    Participant

But how can I create this custom url, to go to the page with all my articles? Is it a subdomain?

serkan

Hi,
    Could you provide me your wp admin details via our contact form and add this topic url as well?
    Thanks

serkan

Hi,
    Could you check your website again? Is that what you want?
    Thanks

elisabethhurel
    Participant

Thank you so much, I’m so pleased! This is exactly what I was speaking about :)
    Thank you!!

serkan

You’re welcome, please don’t forget to rate the theme on themeforest if you liked it, thanks.

valeriannala
    Participant

Hi Serkan!
    I would also please need to know what the URL for my blog page is (or how I can create it).
    Thank you!

serkan

Hi,
    Please go to pages > create a blog page if you don’t have.
    Then go to dashboard > settings > reading > choose home page and post page then save it.
    You can go to menu and add the blog page to the menu.
    Thanks

valeriannala
    Participant

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

serkan

You’re welcome, please don’t forget to rate the theme on themeforest if you liked it, thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register