Theme Not Displaying Pages Correctly

• Posted in : ikonik
  • momigami
    Participant

Hello — I’ve encountered another issue. I have finally installed the demo content piece by piece and the theme appeared to be working.

I stated editing my pages in Elementor — About Me, Resume, Contact, etc. They look fine in Elementor and fine when viewed without the hashtag in the URL.

However, when clicking on the links from the navigation, the page does not display correctly at all. Images don’t show up, accordions don’t work, columns disappear, etc.

I’m not sure why this is happening. It is absolutely necessary that these items work.

Please help!

momigami
    Participant

Another issue I’ve discovered: if I try to link “Latest from the Blog” from my comeback using the Homepage Menu Item widget, it deletes the rest of the navigation and just repeats down the entire page?

momigami
    Participant

I have to temporarily revert to the cvCard theme until this gets works out…

serkan

Hi, Do you want to move all content in the cvcard theme to the ikonik theme?

momigami
    Participant

If that is possible, that would be awesome! But if certain pages will not display correctly, I’m happy to recreate them or edit them. I understand I will probably have to do this with all of the portfolio items.

momigami
    Participant

Right now, I have edited the page that came with the Demo containing the information that I want. Even though it is the one from the Demo, it doesn’t seem to be displaying properly despite looking fine in Elementor.

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi, I have just logged in to your site and activated ikonik theme and Elementor plugin.

– the problems with the pages created in Elementor doesn’t look good on homepage has been solved when I cleared the cache from W3 Total Cache.

– elements requiring extra javascript to work may not work on homepage since the page content is fetched via ajax, however we will add support for common elements such as tabs and toggles since they are easy to achieve with custom js code, I have just applied this fix on your site and now accordions work fine on your resume page when fetched via ajax, we will also include this with the next update.

– fixed the icons not showing up issue on your site, it will also be included with the next update.

– the issue with the blog link is repeated several times on the homepage menu is caused by adding blog link to the homepage menu, it has been fixed after removing the blog page link and adding the page “Latest from the blog” page link to homepage menu.

– you may need to create some pages from scratch as the structure is different from older cvcard theme in this theme.

Have a nice day!

momigami
    Participant

Ahmetsali — you are amazing. Thank you so much for all of your help with this! I feel like the site is almost where I want it.

Now that the page is running, I discovered a couple of additional issues that I can’t seem to figure out/solve by looking at the theme documentation.

1) For the Portfolio, I edited all of the items so they would appear and filter properly. They look beautiful in in the masonry layout, however, the individual items will not load when clicked and I can’t figure out why. The permalinks are already set to “post name.”

2) Is there a way for me to edit the “Detail” fields of the Portfolio? (I want to change the headings for “Client” and “Services” to say “Venue” and “Location” instead. I feel like this might be hiding in a .php file somewhere, but I can’t seem to track it down.

3.) Right now, when viewing the Blog Single Post, the “Related Items” is appearing twice: once as a series of links and then again with the featured images at the bottom. I would like to keep the one with the featured images. But when I turn off “related items” in the customization menu, it removes the one with images and not the one with text links. I can’t figure out how to remove the text links that are appearing below my single post.

Other than the portfolio, things seem to be working fine so far!

momigami
    Participant

Oh — I just figured out my 3rd question on my own. (I didn’t realize that it was related to the YARPP plugin). So now it is just the portfolio that I need help with!

momigami
    Participant

One more issue! When viewing the site on mobile, the image that I uploaded as the “home background icon” isn’t behaving like the one in the demo. In the demo, the image gets smaller when viewing in portrait on mobile (or a narrow browser window on a computer). But with mine, the image is compressing and squishing. Sorry… I’m almost there!

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi again,

– your portfolio page slug was “portfolio-2”, I have just changed it to “portfolio” and now the portfolio items load fine.

– you can change these strings using LocoTranslate plugin;

https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

– I have just fixed the issue with home bg image aspect ratio and applied to your site.

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register