troubleshoot the contact form

• Posted in : Photographer
  • sunlit
    Participant

Hi,
    my contact form stopped working since I moved my site to windows hosting (probably), or maybe after the last theme update.
    now the button turns into a red exclamation mark sign, and nothing happens.

sunlit
    Participant

here is the link to the page:
    http://shumsky.info/?page_id=860

Mehmet S.
    Keymaster

Hi, not tested the contact form on a windows server. The php mail() function must be enabled on your server. Please check this on your server by contacting server people/your host.

Thanks

sunlit
    Participant

thank you for reply, if will investigate.

rawinton
    Participant

Hi,
    I am having the same issue – the contact form was working fine but now the button turns into a red exclamation mark even though the email still gets sent.
    If you could tell me how to fix it, that’d be great!
    Thanks so much Mehmet.
    Regards,
    Rachel

serkan

Hi @Rachel;
    Could you deactivated all your plugin and try it again please?
    If you still have the same issue after this step, you can use Ninja Forms alternatively instead of the default contact form.
    Thanks

rawinton
    Participant

Thanks Serkan, I tried deactivating all plugins but the button still didn’t work. Why did it suddenly change when it always worked fine before?

serkan

Hi @Rachel;
    It looks like, it is related with your host. There is not any problem with the theme. Please check php mail() function and still if you have the problem please use ninja forms.
    Thanks

rawinton
    Participant

Hi again,
    I have finally got around to fixing this (sorry it took so long!) and I checked everything on my end through my host support and deactivated all plugins then I updated WordPress to 4.1.3 and tried updating Photographer theme (following the instructions that you recommend through wordpress) but it kept uploading the zip file to the media section and saying that it had failed to upload.
    The Photographer theme I have installed currently is 2.1.2.
    I really don’t want to use another contact form as I love the Photographers one and can’t be arsed customising another one. Is there any way you can fix this please?
    Also my SEO completely stuffed up after the latest wordpress update – pray tell why?
    Thanks and sorry for all of the questions.
    X Rachel

rawinton
    Participant

Oh and my website is rachelwintonphotography.com.au
    Thanks again!

serkan

Hi @Rachel;
    We are supporting ninjaform plugin for contact form and gave it style and looks tidy and its easy to use. It is weird issue but hopefully this plugin will solve your issue. Please let me know when you done it.
    Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register