use my font

• Posted in : Readme
  • lisefund
    Participant

I would like to use the font sans serif pro on my site, and I followed another post to embed it into the custom css as follows:

font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif;

this worked originally when I had the “use any font” plug in active, but I had to deactivate this plug in to get my social media icons to display properly. Now, the custom css isn’t working and my font is no longer showing on the site. Please advise.

serkan

Hi,
    You can check out this related topic. There is also a video about the custom font.
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-add-custom-fonts-in-wordpress/
    You should copy and paste the CSS codes into custom CSS box and also be sure that you are using the right font name.
    Thanks

lisefund
    Participant

I followed the instructions on this video and embedded the following CSS:

.h1 site-title {
    font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif;
    }

but this did not work either. I am only confused because the original CSS in my first post worked when I had the “use any font” plug in activated, but once I deactivated this plug in, the custom css code is not working. The video also offers the opportunity to modify the theme’s header.php file, but I cannot find a way to do that with Readme

serkan

Hi lisefund,
    If you follow the steps below, you can upload your custom font to your website.
    https://www.pixelwars.org/forums/topic/install-isabella-font-into-text-logo-font-for-site-title/
    Thanks

lisefund
    Participant

Hi Serkan— when I follow that and use the “use any font” plug in, I am able to get my font back, but unfortunately the social media icons then show up as chinese (?) characters.

How do I locate and edit the theme’s style sheet?

serkan

Hi, After adding the necessary css codes specified in the font page to the custom css box, you need to write custom css code for it where you want to use it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register