FontAwesome

• Posted in : Readme
  • Ibby
    Participant

Hi there,

I hope you are well. Can you please let me know the line of code I should insert in order to get the whole set of icons from FontAwesome? Also, where should I insert it?

Thank you so much!

Amazing theme!

Cheers!

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi,

you can copy and paste Bootsrap CDN link to the “External CSS” box located in Appearance > Theme Options > Style tab. And start using all font-awesome icons right away;

<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

copied from :

http://fontawesome.io/get-started/

I am glad you liked our theme. Thank you.

Ibby
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

In the Read WP documentation you have a section called ‘Plugins’ where you see the ones you need to install. Where can I find that info for this theme?

Thanks!

Ibby
    Participant

I’m basically trying to find in the documentation how to install the contact page and how to set up a scroll-up button.

Also, when I’m on a post, I can see the big image (full-width) related to another post at the bottom of the post I’m reading. How can I remove that one?

Btw, the fontawesome thing worked just great!

Thanks!

Mehmet S.
    Keymaster

Hi, YARPP plugin used for the related posts and described in the documentation under Customization > Related Posts. Also, WPFront Scroll Top plugin activated in the demo site for a scroll-up button.

Contact Page:

– create a page and use contact_form shortcode.

Example:

[contact_form captcha="" to="yourname@gmail.com" subject="Contact form message"]

captcha="yes" … (optional).

Ibby
    Participant

Hey Mehmet! Thanks for your help.

I want the related posts, but text only. I don’t want the big image that leads to the next post. I mean, when I open a post and scroll down I can see a big image that leads to another post, that’s the part I want to remove.

Thanks!

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

you can try this custom css code to hide Next Reading module;

.read-next {
        display: none;
    }

Ibby
    Participant

That worked perfectly! You are awesome! Thank you!

I have another one. My logo looks very small, I tried a code I saw in another post (see it below) but if I set the max height higher than that then the logo will be over the navigation. Any way to stretch the logo along with navigation? Thanks!

.site-header img {
    max-height: 24px;
    }

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

you can set max-height a littler higher while staying in the header boundaries; try this one;

.site-header img {
    max-height: 34px;
    }

Ibby
    Participant

Hi there,

I hope you are well. I have two questions.

How can I create a gallery like the one here: http://themes.pixelwars.org/readme-wp/shortcodes/

The Lightbox one. I used the following code, but I don’t get them next to each other or with a size of 200px x 200px.

[lightbox_wrap type=”” thumbnail=””]
    [lightbox_image first_item=”yes” title=”” url=””]
    [lightbox_image title=”” url=””]
    [lightbox_image title=”” url=””]
    [/lightbox_wrap]

How can I create the ‘About Me’ section from this page?

http://themes.pixelwars.org/readme-wp/blog/?blog_type=simple&blog_sidebar=yes

Thanks for your help in advance.

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

Hi again, please create a new topic per your question. Thanks.

gilchristJ
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just added the bootstrap CDN link to the external css section. I try using some font awesome icons but they don’t work. Any idea why?

Here is the code:

[fun_fact icon=”coffee” text=”4.7 Daily Tea Consumption”]

Cheers,
    James

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@gilchristj

Hi, custom icons won’t work with current shortcodes, as an alternative you may use plain html instead of shortcodes, for fun-fact, switch to the “Text” tab of your content editor and paste this html;

<div class="fun-fact">
    <i class="fa fa-bicycle"></i>
    <h4>72 PROJECTS COMPLETED</h4>
    </div>

gilchristJ
    Participant

Solved it, thanks.

jvdgtl
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having the same problem as gilchristJ.

I’m trying to use a font awesome icon in my call to action, but it wont work.

[call_to_action title=”Get your email template made this week” text=”An English speaking email professional is awaiting your call, to discuss the opportunities.”][button text="Call now" url="#" size="big" icon="fas fa-camera-retro" color="green"][/call_to_action]

Do you have a workaround?

Johan

serkan

Hi, On top of this topic, you should do it through the solution method that Ahmet said.
    Switch to the “Text” tab of your content editor and paste this html;

<div class="cta">
    <div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-8">
    <h3>Readme is a beautiful WordPress theme!</h3>
    <p>What are you waiting for? Buy now and begin to blogging.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-4">
    <div class="cta-button"><a href="#" class="button  big"><i class="pw-icon-cart"></i>Buy Now!</a></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

jvdgtl
    Participant
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register