Keymaster
    perchenet
    Participant

This is great !

You should put this in the doc.
    Thank you.

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

We will consider this, thanks for the feedback.

esociety
    Participant

sorry but in home page, where write SERVICES I CAN PROVIDE the icon don’t work. Can you help me please?

gtrplyr1
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I just want to second esociety’s question. Right now, we can only use those four default icons in the service section without a lot of custom css work.

Thank you!

Mehmet S.
    Keymaster

Hi, you can select your icons from this list at http://themes.pixelwars.org/readme/css/fonts/fontello/demo.html

– service shortcode:

[service icon="" title="" text=""]

icon="" … use icon name in this parameter.

Example:

[section_title align="center" text="SERVICES I CAN PROVIDE"]

[row]

[column width="6"]

[service icon="feather" title="Graphic Design" text="I design super cool websites. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content."]

[/column]

[column width="6"]

[service icon="camera-outline" title="Photography" text="I can design beautiful type faces for both digital and print media. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted."]

[/column]

[column width="6"]

[service icon="android" title="Android Developer" text="I write about web design. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content."]

[/column]

[column width="6"]

[service icon="apple" title="iOS Developer" text="I have strong project management skills. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted."]

[/column]

[/row]

See image:

perchenet
    Participant

Hi !

How can i take the «Plane Icon» o «Mail Icon» from the icon list to use it in the top navigation, as a «social icon»?

I’d like to put this mail icon between my twitter accound and the search.

My very best!

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@perchenet

You can replace existing non used social icon with an icon you want. Let’s say you want to change dribble icon with the plane icon, you use this custom css code;

.social li a.dribbble:before {
        content: '\e84e';
    }

gtrplyr1
    Participant

Hi guys,
    What’s the feasibility of using other Fontello icons within the theme? I love the set you’ve included in the theme, but am looking for a little more flexibility for a few of my icons.

Thanks again for all of your help!

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@gtrplyr1

actually it is really easy to extend current fontello icon pack with other fontello icons.

– import config.json in css/fonts/fontello at fontello.com.
    – select more icons and download the package, and replace the folder css/fonts/fontello

as shown at the link below;

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20031305/how-to-add-one-more-icon-using-fontello-without-downloading-a-new-group-package

watergate10
    Participant

How can I make it so that the dribbble icon has a red background, and doesn’t open to as a new page when clicked?

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@watergate10

Hi, it is not possible by default to make the social links not open in a new page when clicked, you can try this custom css code to change background;

.site-header .social li a.dribbble {
       background-color: #EA4C89;
    }

watergate10
    Participant

I want to change the color behind dribbble color that is usually pink when hovered over. What you gave me is the main color even when not hovered over.

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@watergate10

update the code as;

.site-header .social li a.dribbble:hover {
       background-color: #EA4C89;
    }

watergate10
    Participant

Are you sure there is no CSS code to make the social links not open in a new page when clicked?

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@watergate10

yes, it is not possible with custom css.

watergate10
    Participant

What if I edited the code? Isn’t there a line signaling the link to open in a new tab?

Mehmet S.
    Keymaster

Hi, you need to edit the following line of your theme’s functions.php file:

$social_icon = '<li><a target="_blank" class="' . $type . '" href="' . $url . '"></a></li>';

Just remove the target="_blank" parameter.

selrond
    Participant

Is it possible to REPLACE fontello icon pack with font awesome icons? I don’t ask how to include font awesome, just if there is a way I could let’s say on “SERVICES I CAN PROVIDE” section use font awesome instead of fontello…?

ahmetsali
    Keymaster

@selrond

Hi, i see you what you mean, it is not possible with the service shortcode by default, but you can use the plain html code for service so you can change the icons as you wish. Also you need to include font-awesome icons with a plugin, and use this html code in your content editor “Text” tab;

<div class="service">
        <i class="fa fa-check"></i>
        <h4>Graphic Design</h4>
        <p>I design super cool websites. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content.</p>
    </div>

vdesouza
    Participant

For some reason on my end, the Fontello icons only works the default ones, in the demo page.

Also, the buttons icon don’t seems to be working either.

vdesouza
    Participant

I got it. Thanks!

macbeth2012
    Participant

Hello,

Great theme and outstanding support.

How can I place an iCon on the Copyright line as the one displayed on the demo: Crafted with (0xe821) by Pixelwars?

Thanks!

serkan

Hi macbeth2012,
    Go to appearance > Theme options > Copyright Text
    Use this copy this example code;

crafted with <i class="pw-icon-heart"></i> <em>by</em> Pixelwars

Thanks

jasondmacleod
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s going on but i’m trying to change icons on my main page and only some of them are working. For example, attach, user, network, doc-text, etc etc don’t work. Am I missing something here? Thanks for your help.

serkan

Hi @jasondmacleod;
    Are you sure that you are using right icon name from fontello.
    You can up-to-date your theme, deactivate all your plugin and try it again.
    Thanks

jasondmacleod
    Participant

Hi Serkan, i’ve done all that you asked and i’m using the icon name from the list linked to above. My front page looks nasty. Not only are there no icons, the text boxes are all wonky. Here is my site. Thanks for taking a glance.

serkan

Hi jasondmacleod,
    I couldn’t see your website url. Could you provide me your related url please?
    Just i want to make it clear. Are you using the icon shortcodes correctly? Example;
    [service icon="feather" title="Graphic Design" text="I design super cool websites."]
    Thanks

jasondmacleod
    Participant

Hi Serkan, thanks for your help. I checked and the icon shortcodes are correct. Here is the site:

http://www.infosec.lawyer/

serkan

Hi jasondmacleod,
    This custom css code will solve your text boxes issue.

.home .entry-content .col-sm-6:nth-child(3) { clear: left; }

But i could not understand the icon shortcode problem. Could you please send me your admin and password info via our contact form and please add this topic url as well.
    Thanks

Sinclair
    Participant

Another icon question.

I’d like to replace an icon in the portfolio mask with another from the set.

Specifically, I’m making all my portfolio posts as direct urls that each link to a page I’m creating for each item. I want to replace the link icon with the ‘eye’ icon.

I can;t figure out how to do this.

Thanks in advance – another great theme!

serkan

Hi Sinclair,

The lightbox gallery has eye icon by default.
    You can use this custom css code for direct link portfolio post.
    .media-box .mask:before { content: "\e820" }

This custom css code for standart portfolio posts.
    .media-box.url .mask:before { content: "\e820" }

Thanks

mrandre2u
    Participant

while on the topic of the homepage “services” icons… can I add an URL to these icons? I’ve tried adding it to the text, and it just messes up the format of the paragraph.. is there a way to do this?

serkan

Hi mrandre2u,

You need to use instead these html codes instead of shortcode. Please go to text tab in the homepage and replace that html code. If you want to do that for other icons, please change the icon names.

[service icon="feather" title="Graphic Design" text="I design super cool websites. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content."]
    <div class="service"><a href="paste-url-here" target="_blank"><i class="pw-icon-feather"></i></a><br>
    <h4>Graphic Design</h4>
    <p>I design super cool websites. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content.</p>
    </div>

Thanks

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register