Sliding horizontal page motion removed after WordPress update

• Posted in : cvCard WP
  • DFM1
    Participant

I performed a mandatory WordPress 5.6 update recently, and suddenly the sliding page animations were removed from my cvCard portfolio site. The widget style sub-pages now all appear on one homepage stacked vertically below each other, instead of being displayed in the standard horizontal layout.

The menu titles are also condensed so that there are no spaces between each title header, and the menu page links (#contact, etc.) are no longer responsive.

Additionally, the portfolio lightbox videos open up on a new page instead of in the standard lightbox pop-up style.

I checked to ensure that the menu order accurately matches the widget order, and also deactivated all plugins after reading other support submissions.

Would you be so kind to take a look and advise on any appropriate next steps?

Thanks!
    DFM

serkan

Hi, You may downgrade your wordpress version with this plugin;

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/

After you have activated WP Downgrade plugin, just navigate to “Settings > WP Downgrade” and set “WordPress Target Version: 5.5.3”, please see the video below for a detailed explanation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ04_ixt9E0&t=5s&ab_channel=AlstonAntony

Cheers.

DFM1
    Participant

Thanks! I was able to successfully install the WP Downgrade plugin. However after setting the target version to 5.5.3, there is no option to re-install the 5.5.3 version on the Update Core page.

My website is hosted on through GoDaddy Managed WordPress, so it doesn’t appear I am able to downgrade/reinstall an old version. I’ve also been advised this would happen again unless the theme is updated accordingly for 5.6 release. Any idea if/when that might be completed?

In the short term, I am interviewing with 3 companies next week and could really use my portfolio site looking fresh ASAP, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

serkan

Hi @dfm1
    Could you please contact to godaddy support team and help you to downgrade the WordPress version.
    It might be related to them.
    Do not use the latest version of the WordPress until we check the issue.
    Thanks

DFM1
    Participant

GoDaddy doesn’t support downgrades. They suggested the theme developers normally update the themes to support each WordPress update, rather than retrograding to an outdated system. They did suggest trying the plugin ‘Enable jQuery Migrate Helper’, which sometimes helps with page motion animations like in cvCard, but that didn’t help.

I can downgrade the PHP version from 7.3 to 7.2., but these are not things I really feel comfortable attempting without professional knowledge.

I’ve included my login info privately in hopes you can take a look.

If you plan to update the theme for 5.6 I’m happy to wait but that has yet to be suggested, and I did purchase support credits to specifically fix this issue, so would love to get this resolved, and ultimately get a new job because of my wonderful portfolio site :) (http://digitalfocusmedia.com/)

I look forward to your response.
    Thanks!

serkan

Hi,
    I will forward this topic to our developer and I will keep you updated.
    Thanks

ahmetsali
    Keymaster
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register